Bryan and I spent Friday night at the Hotel Saguaro in Scottsdale. Very fun and hip new hotel right on the Civic Center Plaza in Old Town Scottsdale. We enjoyed tangy margaritas at Distrito and good (although a little pricey) food.
We spent the next day hanging out at the Calma Pool which was muy tranquilo. The Picante pool, on the other hand, had a DJ jam going. Would have been fun, but we had Yoyo with us and he wasn’t allowed at Picante. Fun touches like old Arizona Highways and antique cameras in each room. Color everywhere.
The American Library Association’s annual count of the books that people most frequently tried to get removed from school libraries and classrooms is out, and of 326 reported challenges, these were the books that raised hackles most frequently:
1) ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle Offensive language; religious viewpoint; sexually explicit; unsuited to age group
2) The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3) The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4) My Mom’s Having A Baby! A Kid’s Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie